SEO is the most important part of any business’ success. Once you have selected a strategic SEO plan, you are one step closer to ensuring your website’s ranking on the popular search engines. This article discusses how to find an SEO expert and what to look for in an SEO company.
When hiring experts for this task, it is vital to look at their experience and qualifications first and foremost, and not to overlook small details like their social media engagement or their blog posts. Read on below to get these important features straight from our experts.
Selecting a SEO Expert
SEO is a complex process that requires a specialized skill set. Finding the right SEO expert will require some research, but it is worth the time and effort to find a professional who can help you reach your goals.
- Search for local experts with a background in digital marketing.
- And who have experience generating traffic for clients, and who offer affordable packages.
- You should also look for an SEO company that has been around for at least three years.
- This way you know they are not fly-by-night marketers looking to make a quick buck!
- If you need inspiration, start by contacting some of the top rated SEO companies in your industry.
- It’s always best to get feedback from other business owners before making any decisions about who to hire.
Finding the Right SEO Expert for your Project
There are a many factors involved in the process that only an expert will understand.
So, what should you do to find the best SEO expert for your business? What kind of questions should you ask an SEO professional before hiring them?
Before you even start interviewing prospective SEO experts, it’s important to consider your budget and research how much the work needs to be done on your site so you know what to expect from the company. Once you just have those two pieces of information, you’ll have a better idea about which SEO company is right for your project.
If your budget allows it, we recommend getting a few quotes from different companies so that you can compare costs and services to ensure that you’re being offered value for money. From there, it’s time to start interviewing prospective companies.
Ask these following four questions as part of your interview process:
- What qualifications do they have?
- What experience do they have?
- Are they certified by Google or other search engines?
- What is their pricing range?
The Key Features of an SEO Expert
When you are seeking for an SEO expert to help your company, it’s important to consider the following four key factors:
- Company size
- Price range
- Expertise level.
So you have a goal in mind; you want to rank at the top of Google for your target keyword. You search for SEO companies in your area that will help you get there, but find that many of them don’t have any experience with this goal.
The best SEO experts have years of experience with SEO campaigns.
The more experience they have with Google ranking goals, the better they know how to achieve them! It’s also essential that their expertise is unique to your industry. If an expert has years of experience with other industries but not yours, they may not be the right fit for you.
This factor may not seem like a big deal when you’re searching for an expert, but it can actually make a huge difference.
- Smaller companies usually charge less because they don’t need as many resources or employees to get the job done.
- This means that if you’re on a low budget, this type of company is perfect for you.
- However, if you are looking for someone who has access to industry experts and talented staff then you have to invest more to expand your business.
No matter what level of expertise you’re looking for, it’s important that the company offer a variety of services.
- Larger companies typically have all levels of expertise,
- Smaller companies may only specialize in SEO or other specific areas.
The type of work you want done will determine the level of expertise you should be looking for when selecting an SEO company. When you’re deciding which company to hire, it’s important to make sure they offer the level of services and expertise that best suits your needs.
3 major mistakes smart businesses make when selecting an SEO company:
- Choosing a “cheap” SEO agency
Cost is a factor in the case of SEO agencies and services. It is important to establish the budget and choose an SEO firm within the budget. However, the problem is that many companies set unreasonable budgets.
- Browsing only local SEO companies
There are agencies that offer SEO at $100 per month for example, and believe it’s a reasonable price. However, the reality is that SEO companies that advertise these low rates usually don’t deliver.
Working with an agency that is local to you is a benefit when picking an SEO firm that is reliable. In terms of what you should be looking for when choosing an SEO firm However, the location of your company isn’t the most important factor. It’s important to focus on the quality of service, performance and the experience of your clients over location as it can affect the overall quality and performance of your services most.
- Selecting a “black-hat” seo agency
Your business (and its leaders in business) need outcomes. SEO does not provide immediate results however. In the majority of cases, it takes three to six months to begin generating any results.
This can cause anger, and businesses that are smart and not falling into the trap of using black-hat SEO strategies. Black-hat SEO refers to untruthful (and unproductive) long-term SEO methods. While you may use techniques that are not legal to rank in the search results but you’ll fall off the first page quickly.
Bonus tips of how to select the right SEO experts for your project:
- Verification of successful past performance
- Strong reporting and transparency
- They should prefer to Customer service and attention
- All they thought is leadership and knowledge transfer
- Customized and fair pricing
- Must have specialization in the service you need
Choosing the right SEO experts for your project can be a difficult task. There are more factors to consider including expertise level, features, and even cost. But as long as you take the time to research what you need and make sure your SEO experts offer what you want, you can find an expert that will be perfect for your project.