There are a number of reasons why local SEO is important. When you do a search for a local business, you’re likely looking for something specific, like the closest pizza place or the best deal on a car. If your business doesn’t show up in the search results, you’re losing out on potential customers. As 45% of Google searches are exactly related to local and small business.
Local SEO can help you reach these potential customers by ensuring that your business appears in the search engine results pages (SERPs) when people search for businesses like yours. You can use local SEO to target specific geographic areas, which means that you’ll only appear in the SERPs when people in your area are searching for your type of business.
Local SEO is also important because it can help you rank higher in the SERPs. When you rank higher, you’re more likely to be seen by potential customers, which can result in more business. In addition, local SEO can help you improve your website’s visibility and click-through rate (CTR), which can also lead to more business.
If you’re not currently using local SEO, now is the time to start. It can help you reach more potential customers and increase your business’s bottom line.
What is Local SEO?
Simply put, it is the practice of optimizing a website for Google search results that are specific to a user’s geographic area. For example, if you search for “plumbers in San Francisco” on Google, local SEO will ensure that the websites of plumbers located in San Francisco appear higher in the search engine results pages (SERPs) than those of plumbers located elsewhere.
There are a number of reasons why it is important to aplly local seo strategies on business.
For example, when you perform a search for “Chinese restaurant in Australia”, you would expect to see a list of Chinese restaurants that are located in Australia. And that is exactly what you get with local SEO.
What types of businesses need local SEO?
In this digital world each and every business demands to be online. Here’s a list of businesses which need local SEO as essential;
- Any business with a physical location that wants to drive more foot traffic and local customers
- Businesses with multiple locations
- Restaurants and hospitality businesses
- Service businesses (e.g. plumbers, electricians, roofers)
- Retail businesses (e.g. clothing stores, hardware stores)
- Local governments and schools
- Any other business with a physical location that wants to be found by local customers on the web.
Why is it important for businesses to rank in local search?
There are a few key reasons why businesses should strive to rank in local search:
– Google has made a big push towards local search in recent years. In fact, they’ve made it a priority to ensure that the most relevant results show up for local queries. This means that if you’re not ranking in local search, you’re missing out on a lot of potential traffic.
– 84% of consumers conduct local searches on their smartphones. This number is only going to continue to grow as more and more people use their phones as their primary source of online information.
– 50% of all mobile searches are for local business information. Again, this number is only going to grow as smartphone adoption rates continue to surge.
– Local SEO is one of the most cost effective ways to drive traffic to your website. There are no ads to buy, and no extra work needed once you’ve implemented your local SEO strategy.
– Local SEO can help you build trust with potential customers. When people see that your business is ranking well for local search terms, it sends a message that you’re an authority in your industry. This can help increase your chances of converting leads into customers.
How do I start doing local SEO for my business?
There are a few things you can do to start your business locally:
- Make sure your business is available on Google My Business.
- Make sure your business is available on other relevant directories.
- You can also use Google Search Console to submit your sitemap and website URL.
- Ensure that you have a complete and accurate NAP (Name, Address and Phone number) listed on your business directory listings as well as on your website’s contact page.
- NAP consistency is an important factor for local SEO rankings.
- The last thing you want is someone to search for your business online but get the wrong set of results because of different NAPs across various directories or even social media sites like Facebook or Twitter.
- Optimize not only the content of your website but also its structure by using modern SEO techniques such as schema markup and optimizing URLs etc.
- For example: If you host events at multiple locations, ensure that each location is listed as a separate event venue in the content of your website.
- This will help you take advantage of Schema markup for local SEO.
- Ensure that the NAP on your website is consistent with the one listed on other local directories too.
- Try to get reviews from your happy customers and ask them to write a review on various directories. This acts as a strong social proof factor, which is very important for local rankings.
- You should also encourage your happy customers to mention the NAP details of your business location along with their review, so that it becomes easier for Google’s crawlers to index the same.
- Finally, keep an eye on your competitor’s local SEO activities and try to stay ahead of them!
Google My Business:
Google My Business has a feature that allows you to see how your business compares with others in terms of rankings, clicks and impressions. Use this information to devise a better local SEO strategy for yourself.
The best way to be successful in digital marketing is by understanding your audience. Whether you’re targeting a specific demographic or trying to reach the masses, having an idea of who they are and what their needs are can help you create content that resonates with them better than anything else.
With this knowledge, it becomes easier for you to identify keywords that will work well on search engines like Google. That’s why local seo is important. You might want to try some of these strategies out yourself! What do you think about using one or more of these techniques? Let me know below in the comments.